Author: Jake Bauer <email@example.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 20:57:52 -0500
Add more links to links page
1 file changed, 27 insertions(+), 0 deletions(-)
diff --git a/pages/links.md b/pages/links.md
@@ -36,6 +36,24 @@
contributing to software projects which do most of their communication over
email (e.g. Debian, the Linux kernel).
+* [Thoughts on the subject of ethical licenses](https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/public-inbox/%3CC125C6RFZ9JQ.2PYJMAKMD2F8A@homura%3E) by Drew DeVault -
+ An email Drew sent to license-discuss (an OSI mailing list) about his
+ feelings on Ethical Software licenses. His words pretty closely echo my own
+ feelings about Ethical Software licenses.
+* [How I do my computing](https://stallman.org/stallman-computing.html) by Richard Stallman -
+ An interesting article written by [Richard
+ Stallman](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman) on how he uses his
+* [George Orwell's Essay: Politics and the English Language](https://www.orwell.ru/library/essays/politics/english/e_polit/) -
+ A very compelling essay on how writers and speakers use the English language
+ to say very little and what we should try to do in our writing to not
+ succumb to these anti-patterns. Although this was written in 1946, it easily
+ sounds like it could have been written in 2020.
### The Workplace
* [The Unspoken Truth About Managing Geeks](https://www.computerworld.com/article/2527153/opinion-the-unspoken-truth-about-managing-geeks.html) -
@@ -56,6 +74,11 @@
* [How to Do 90% of What Plugins Do (With Just Vim)](https://www.invidio.us/watch?v=XA2WjJbmmoM) -
Taking a look at the often-unrealized capabilities of plain old Vim.
+* ["I accept scientific consensus — and you prob should too"](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpdsbpCZVZw) by Adam Ragusea -
+ A short video on the value of trusting the scientific consensus despite the
+ fact that we get things wrong sometimes. Read the top pinned comment by him
+ for additional information.
* [Computers Can Be Understood](https://blog.nelhage.com/post/computers-can-be-understood/) -
@@ -194,6 +217,8 @@ necessarily represent my views and opinions.
* <b>[EN]</b> – [NullBuffer](https://nullbuffer.com/)
+* <b>[EN]</b> – [Pierre Neidhardt’s Blog](https://ambrevar.xyz/articles.html)
* <b>[EN]</b> – [Rahul Chowdhury's Blog](https://rahulchowdhury.co/)
* <b>[EN]</b> – [Ramblings from Jessie](https://blog.jessfraz.com/)
@@ -204,6 +229,8 @@ necessarily represent my views and opinions.
* <b>[EN]</b> – [Rocket Nine Labs](https://rocketnine.space/post/)
+* <b>[EN]</b> – [Roman Zlotarev's Site](https://www.romanzolotarev.com/)
* <b>[EN]</b> – [Ryland Goldstein](https://www.cdevn.com/)
* <b>[EN]</b> – [Sam Whited's Blog](https://blog.samwhited.com/)