Author: Jake Bauer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 03:27:53 -0400
Update some pages
5 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 19 deletions(-)
diff --git a/pages/essays.md b/pages/essays.md
@@ -1,7 +1,3 @@
There are no essays here yet but check back periodically for more!
-I have many ideas of essays to write but I have to find the time to write, edit
-and then prepare them for this website. I am a little short on time because of
-university but I will try to get at least a few essays up every year.
diff --git a/pages/guides.md b/pages/guides.md
@@ -11,5 +11,3 @@ I am planning to post:
* A guide to my server configurations, realistic hardening steps, and other
* And more!
-<a href=guides/install-my-os.html>Install My OS Guide</a>
diff --git a/pages/guides/install-my-os.md b/pages/guides/install-my-os.md
@@ -1 +0,0 @@
-## Setting Up My Operating System
diff --git a/pages/home.md b/pages/home.md
@@ -1,14 +1,11 @@
## Welcome to paritybit.ca!
-This will be a website to host details about my projects, my thoughts on various
-subjects in computing and computer science, and will contain a bit about me for
+This is a website to host details about my projects, my thoughts on various
+subjects in computing and computer science, and it contains a bit about me for
anybody who is curious to learn what I do and how I do it.
Here is a list of what I plan to do so far:
-* Make my webserver build pages dynamically including adding proper entries to
- the navigation bar.
-* Refactor some of the server code now that I know how nginx works.
* Enable IPv6 support (the domain has it, I just need to program the backend to
respond to IPv6 connections).
* Add internal page hit counters so I can gauge the popularity of pages.
@@ -17,7 +14,7 @@ respond to IPv6 connections).
* Add a page about me, which includes what I am a member of, what I value, and
a list of the organizations that I contribute to.
* Add some essays and rants. Particularily about:
- * Why unix (or unix-based) is the best option.
+ * Why unix-based is the best option for operating systems.
* Why learning vim (or emacs) is good in the modern age.
* Why learning about the history of computing is important.
* Add a section on my recommended reading/watching/online essays.
@@ -27,9 +24,6 @@ a list of the organizations that I contribute to.
not like about them.
* Add a bit about the specifications of my systems and an inventory of my
-* Flesh out the "About This Site" page documenting how the site works, why I
- designed it the way I did, and what I think about websites nowadays in
- comparison to my goals for this one.
This is a lot to do so expect the website to grow significantly over the next
@@ -40,4 +34,4 @@ future. I expect that the availability of the website will probably only live
up to the "one nine" standard (total owntime of 36.53 days in a year) which
means that if you consider anything on this site worth more than a simple
bookmark, you should probably download it (or you could recompile the pages
-through cloning the git repository).
+yourself through cloning the git repository).
diff --git a/pages/toolset.md b/pages/toolset.md
@@ -1,9 +1,9 @@
## My Toolset
-On this page will be details about my toolset. On this page will be:
+On this page will be details about my toolset. Particularily:
* My chosen shell and configuration details
* My chosen desktop environment/window manager and configuration details
* My chosen editor and software development tools and configuration details
-* My chosen Linux distribution(s)
+* My chosen Linux distribution(s) and why
* And more!